Thursday, January 3, 2013

Meeting Diana Krall



Saint Paul Hotel Concierge, 2004

She approached my desk, asking if I could do anything to help her with a problem. On her flight to the Twin Cities, she had left the book she was reading on the plane.

“Is there any book stores near to purchase another?” She said.

After getting the title I told her I would get a replacement for her.

With in a few hours our hotel driver picked up another edition of her book. When she returned that evening I gave her the book.

The next morning she delivered a package to my desk with a copy of her first CD and a t-shirt with the logo of the CD cover on it.

At the time I had not heard of her, but within months she began moving up the charts, to become one of the premier Jazz female vocalists. I now am one of her biggest fans. I’ve met Diana Krall

No comments:

Post a Comment